Do you hydrate your body first thing in the morning or do reach for a cup of coffee, tea, or a glass of juice? How about a glass of warm water?
Does the thought of drinking a glass of warm water in the morning make you cringe?
Well, consider this. When you wake up in the morning your body has gone without any form of hydration for five to 8 hours. During this time your internal organs have been going through a major detoxification process. All of these toxins and waste materials now need to be eliminated from your body. The best way to aid this process is by drinking a glass or two of warm water. The water helps your body by flushing out the toxins.
That’s not the only benefit that drinking warm water can have on your health.
Here are a few more:
- Aids digestion. Warm water soothes and activates your digestive tract. As the water moves through your stomach and intestines, the digestive organs are hydrated and better able to eliminate wastes.
- Drinking warm water in the morning on an empty stomach can help to improve your bowel movements.
- It can help alleviate pain from menstruation or headaches. The heat from the warm water is known to have a calming and soothing effect on abdominal muscles, which help to provide relief for cramps and muscle spasms.
- Improves circulation. Warm water helps your arteries and veins to expand and carry blood more efficiently through your body.
- It helps to calm your central nervous system, which may help in reducing stress levels.
- May halt premature ageing. The presence of toxins in the body can lead to faster ageing, but warm water helps to cleanse the body of toxins while repairing the skin cells to increase elasticity.
Starting your day with warm water, drinking warm or cool water during the day, and ending the day with warm water will help to ensure that you get adequate hydration. Your digestive system, circulatory system, nervous system, and all your internal organs will receive their daily lubrication so that they can function at their best. Without water, everything withers.
In Qigong, practitioners drink Yin and Yang water. To make Yin and Yang water you mix equal amounts of boiled water with cool water and drink it while it’s still warm. To help ease into the practice of drinking warm water in the morning you could add some freshly squeezed lemon and a little raw honey. Wait 15-20 minutes before you have a coffee, tea, smoothie or breakfast.
Starting your day with Hydration doesn’t take a lot of work. It does take a change in your mindset and it does take practice to make it a habit.
Do this for the next two weeks and begin to notice the changes in your body, energy levels, stress levels, and mood.
I would love to hear how this has worked for you. Send me an email to share what you discovered.
With joy and love,